At ElevatePoint, we frequently get asked questions regarding Cloud Computing when talking with the technical community. In this blog post, we highlight the top 10 questions we come across in our discussions with the hope it will help shape the Modern Workplace conversation at your organization.
In the Small-Mid business market (SMB) it is not uncommon to come across an organization that is going through an IT transition. And the question at the forefront of the leadership team’s mind is “How can I reduce overall IT cost while improving our technological capabilities?” While the answer to this question is not always clear and typically involves many parts, there are two reoccurring themes: Cloud Infrastructure and the Modern Workplace.
As the workplace environment evolves, it has become standard and almost the default that users will be able to bring their own devices (BYOD) and integrate them within the workplace. As the mobility of end users increases, there is an obvious direct requirement and correlation to the IT infrastructure to continue to provide solutions for this demand. This is often where the Modern Workplace and Cloud Infrastructure intersect.
With each conversation, we have found a number of questions that are continually being revisited. The following are the top 10 questions we come across when having Modern Workplace discussions around Cloud Infrastructure:
- Which systems are candidates for moving to a cloud platform? (i.e. Co-located in a Data Center, Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.)
- What are the technical and business implications to moving infrastructure systems to the cloud?
- What are the costs associated with moving infrastructure systems to the cloud?
- It is cheaper to install this On Premise, why consider a cloud platform and an operational expense model?
- Are there security concerns with moving systems to the cloud?
- Are there compliance concerns with moving systems to the cloud?
- What are the pros and cons of a cloud hosted platform?
- How does a cloud platform enable my workforce to be more efficient and productive?
- What part does Cloud Infrastructure play in the Modern Workplace?
- What systems do other customers normally start with when moving to a cloud platform?
With the above questions in mind, hopefully this will help get the conversation in your organization started around enabling employee’s through a Modern Workplace initiative.
At ElevatePoint we strive to provide leading edge technology services and products to transform the Modern Workplace. We are always happy to chat and help answer these questions specific to your technology journey. If you would like to start the discussion, please reach out to [email protected].